I painted my nails yesterday. And thanks to the magic that is quick dry polish plus quick try top coat, the smudges were nonexistent! Which is great because what normally happens is I get this awesome idea to paint said nails right before going to bed and then I inevitably collect these really cool sheet marks and completely eff up my paint job. #theworst.
Except despite my beautimous artwork (really, one of those nail salons should just hire me on the spot…wait, I take it back…touching other people’s feet makes me want to gouge my eyes out with a spoon), I’m on the fence about my color choice.
See, I’m trying these fall-inspired colors – darker shades with the occasional pop of brightness. I spotted this awesome shining teal at Target and just had to have it. But now that I’ve got it on my little sausage stubs, I feel like a cross between the Little Mermaid and a twelve year old shopping at Pac Sun. I can’t decide which is worse.
See? Sausage fingers. I really have to watch my back at the butcher shop – they’re constantly trying to package my hands up to sell. So annoying.
Anyways, can’t decide if I’m liking it or not. But I am in love with fall and all of it’s fantabulous polish color options. Currently craving:
SO MANY OPTIONS. SO LITTLE TIME. Oh, the heartache.
- my favorite Essie nail polish colors / Beauty Column (joymichellephotography.com)
- My First Time: In the Gray Areas Nail Polish (glitterfallout.com)
- wet n wild fastdry Teal of Fortune (thedailyvarnish.com)
- Little Mermaid Inspired Mani #1 (mahalmade.wordpress.com)
- Zoya Nail Polish in Giovanni (rawllyyours.wordpress.com)
- Teal and Pink Geometric! (nailpolishartdiy.wordpress.com)
- Green Ombre Nails (beautylust.co.nz)
- Manicure Monday – Essie: Jazz (janetennet.wordpress.com)
- WHY GIRLS ARE OBSESSED WITH PAINTING THEIR NAILS or WHY GIRLS PAINT THEIR NAILS (thespreadissue.wordpress.com)