In addition to strutting and narrating my life with music (see “Badass Booties“), I tend to channel characters whenever I get dressed. Do I feel like being classy and cool today – an Anna Wintour? Or do I feel like busting out my inner hipster (the ultimate dream)? Or perhaps I’m in the mood to pretend I’m walking on a catwalk all day with flashing bulbs all around me (let’s be real, I pretend this is the case everywhere I go).
This particular outfit screamed “bad teacher.” Only thing missing was a pair of nerd glasses – which I unfortunately cannot pull off as they make me look like a turtle. But that’s neither here nor there.
Pencil skirts are my new work obsession – classic, chic and flattering, they hug curves without giving away all that blech that tends to gather at the belly button and below (RE: cottage cheese and weird rolls that might knock someone out if given the chance).
So, behold: I wore a slammin’ new maroon pencil skirt with a navy/cream polka dot sheer top & nude heels (and nylons because it’s cold as shit outside…don’t do bare legs, ladies – SO not worth it).
And it was awesome.
I felt like a baller.
- Spotted, Literally: See How Jessica, Gwen, Diane, and More Perfect Polka Dots (fabsugar.com)
- Polka Dot Tights and Polka Dot Skirt (j9styleblog.com)
- Polka Dot Revisited (pins-place.com)
- Dress Up: Polka dot & Ankara Print Mix (thefashionengineer.com)
- Currently Craving: Gold Polka Dots (theglitterguide.com)
- Half Moon & Polka Dots (pins-place.com)